Saturday 18 February 2012

Spring is here

Ooh chilly February days and that means it’s COMPETITION time, as usual have signed up to do far too many –it seems I will never learn: 
  • Salon Culinair at the ExCel in London Mon 27th Feb - Thu 1st March
  • Squires Exhibition in Farnham at the Malting Fri 9th - Sun 11th March
  • Cake London at the ExCel in London Fri 27th – Sun 29th April
Still plotting and planning my designs for each one when of course I should have already begun working on them!  Does anyone finish their pieces before the wee small hours the night before?

And that’s all before I start work on my Telford piece for the BSG International Exhibition……..
so 2012 is not going to be the year I pace myself sensibly.

“My other job” at the Royal Albert Hall, Cirque du Soeil’s - Totem is finally over for another year and we are gearing up for our own brand new production of Aida and then straight after that a busy Spring season with a top secret world film premier, rock & pop concerts including a week of Teenage Cancer Trust concerts and a nice
3 days of Lang Lang.

Loving the buzz of Spring and getting busy. Have you tried Lindy Smiths Hummingbird cake?
It’s wonderful with at least one of your 5-a-day in it, delish – a healthy cake!  Brushing up on my own baking skills, although I gained my professional pastry chef qualifications, I tend to use the same recipes time and again and as I am starting to teach more baking classes alongside the decorating ones, I wanted to try out some of the pile of recipes that I have ripped out mags. and downloaded for them web.

0 comments:

Post a Comment